Commenting on EA WorldView
At EA Worldview, we value the benefit of civilised, engaged discussion and debate about the news we are covering. We also want you to be able to interact with and inspire each other.
For that constructive dialogue, we moderate our comment space and will remove comments that violate our Terms of Service. Repeated offenders will be banned without notice.
We reserve the right to remove or edit comments. Reasons why comments may be deleted include:
- Spam --- including comments that are just a link to your blog without adding to the discussion.
- Ad hominem attacks or racist, sexist, homophobic, or misogynist language.
- Personal insults, threats, or advocacy of violence.
- Excessive length. Please learn to love the line break, so we don't have to parse an undifferentiated wall of text.
- Posting multiple comments that do not add to the discussion. Comments should either relate to something EA has written, respond to another comment, or contain a link to a relevant story that EA writers may cover. If you have a lot to say that is not directly relevant to EA Worldview, why not start a blog?
Two suggestions to help us make the comment space a friendly and productive area:
- Please do give thoughtful responses to less well-informed commenters.
- Please do flag comments that violate our policies. But please use your flagging powers wisely.
- EA WorldView uses the Disqus commenting system, which affords our readers far more control over the comments they leave. Instead of your comments being locked in to EA WorldView, they are available to you at your personal Disqus profile page.
- Once you leave a comment, you can choose to subscribe to the comment thread via email or RSS feed.
- Disqus offers many social features, which we encourage you to use. You can tweet your latest comment or post it to Facebook and if you enjoy someone else's comment you can show your appreciation by clicking the 'Like' button next to it.
How to comment
- You can add a comment in the box below each post. There are two ways to comment:
- By logging in. You can do this by creating a Disqus account, or by signing in with a pre-existing Twitter, Google, Yahoo! or OpenID account. If you are logged in your comments will appear immediately.
- By commenting anonymously. After you leave your comment, simply log your details as a Guest. Anonymous comments will be held for review by EA WorldView staff. While we'll do this as quickly as possible, we can make no guarantees. For this reason, we strongly recommend logging in.