With Iran and the 5+1 Powers (US, Britain, France, Germany, China, and Russia) meeting next Tuesday in Kazakhstan --- the first high-level discussion of Tehran's nuclear programme since last June --- a 7-Point Beginner's Guide to what is involved and what is likely to happen.
1. THE ISSUES br>
2. WHERE ARE WE RIGHT NOW? br>
3. SO WHAT ARE NEXT WEEK'S TALKS? AND WHAT WILL THEY BRING? br>
4. WILL THEY SUCCEED? (OF COURSE NOT.) br>
5. SO WHY ARE THEY BEING HELD? br>
6. WHAT'S NEXT?
7. SO EVERYTHING WILL BE SOLVED IN SEPTEMBER?
And be sure to stick around for the closing line....