2210 GMT: Bahrain. Claimed footage from Sanabis today of shooting at protesters from civilian cars:
Entries in Mohammed Nabbous (5)
The last broadcast of Mohammed Nabbous on Libya Alhurra TV on 19 March 2011 --- he was killed later that day, recording a firefight in Benghazi
The war against Qaddafi was fought with global brains, NATO brawn, and Libyan blood. But it took brains and blood to get the brawn. On February 18, three days into the protests that would swell into the successful revolt against the regime, Libya went offline. Internet and cell-phone access was cut or unreliable for the duration, and people used whatever limited connections they could. In Benghazi, Mohammed "Mo" Nabbous realized he had the knowledge and the equipment, from an ISP business he had owned, to lash together a satellite Internet uplink. With supporters shielding his body from potential snipers, Nabbous set up dishes, and nine live webcams, for his online TV channel Libya Alhurra ("Libya the Free"), running 24/7 on Livestream.
Claimed footage of security forces firing on mass crowd in Taiz in Yemen today
1950 GMT: The Italian Foreign Ministry says it has temporarily shut the Embassy in Yemen and withdrawn all staff.
1940 GMT: Bahrain's King Hamad bin Isa al-Khalifa has called for talks on reform involving all parties as the regime says it will lift a state of emergency on Wednesday.
Al-Khalifa said the discussions would begin on 1 July, according to the State news agency BNA: "The king called on everyone to take part...to push forward reform for development in all areas and to firmly anchor the bases of the reform process." Al-Khalifa had told journalists that the talks would be "comprehensive, serious, and without preconditions".
Footage from Britain's Channel 4 of the aftermath of coalition airstrikes on Libya
2210 GMT: We're going on an overnight break. Coverage continues via the Live Feed from Al Jazeera English.
2145 GMT: Little confirmed information tonight, but several blasts have rocked the Libyan capital Tripoli, with a plume of smoke seen from the direction of Libyan leader Muammar Qaddafi's home in the Bab el-Aziziya compound in a south Tripoli suburb.
1920 GMT: Latest from Libya....
There was a spate of fire from anti-aircraft guns, apparently from nervous troops expecting airstrikes, in Tripoli. The capital is now quiet.
The Libyan military spokesman announced a new ceasefire for 9 p.m. local time (1900 GMT).
An Italian tugboat has been escorted out of port by officials of the Libyan port authority and military. The 11-member crew had been detained this weekend.
On Sunday, journalist Mohammed Nabbous was killed as he recorded a firefight in Benghazi. Nabbous was the force behind Libya Alhurra Radio and TV, which brought out the message of the uprising againt the regime of Muammar Qaddafi.
This is Nabbous's last broadcast, transmitted Saturday morning as regime forces attacked opposition-held Benghazi. Below that is the message put out by Nabbous's widow as she announced his death: "What he started has got to go on, no matter what happens."